WELCOME!


Welcome to the temporary site for timhearnwildlife.com.

I'll be posting a few shots here while working on the main site, which is currently under construction...

Timhearnwildlife has been a long term passion and project of mine which is now reaching fruition. It is (or strictly speaking, will be) a commercial resource for wildlife and natural history photography and writing.

Over the last 10 years, I've been fortunate enough to travel extensively to all 7 continents, taking photographs and notes, and the site will showcase the results.

Please feel free to browse....



Tuesday 21 December 2010

A CHEETAH FOR CHRISTMAS


I haven't had a chance to post much recently, as I've been filming. Not wildlife, but TV commercials.

Since I turned professional (photographically speaking) last April, I've managed to fund several trips to Africa and elsewhere, but eventually the money always runs out....and that's when I return to what I used to do in another lifetime- writing advertisements and then making them happen.

I've really enjoyed my brief return to the world of commercials, and I'd like to thank my chums at Saatchi & Saatchi London for thinking of me when they needed to hire a copywriter in double quick time.

The work should fund my return to Madagascar next year. The last time I was there was with a film camera, and I have to say was something of a disaster. This time, though, it will be different.

In the meantime, here's a random shot of a cheetah that I spent time with in Namibia at the cheetah conservation project- a most worthwhile organisation and one that deserves our support. I've spoken about it in previous posts, so I won't do so again, but if you have a spare minute, look them up on the interweb.

And if you're really keen, you can hunt down the upcoming issue of 'Travel Zambia' magazine, which has a substantial piece of writing by the long-suffering-Dilly, illustrated with some of my photographs, and, I believe,  a smaller piece by myself giving the low down on crocodile photography.

So on that note, I wish you all a happy holidays, and I shall return in January with more free time and a whole lot of new photographs to share. I'm thinking that it's time we put a few tigers on here - whadda you reckon?!

Now it's back to the edit suite for me. A copywriters work is never done. Until Christmas Eve, anyway.

Thanks for reading....

No comments:

Post a Comment