WELCOME!


Welcome to the temporary site for timhearnwildlife.com.

I'll be posting a few shots here while working on the main site, which is currently under construction...

Timhearnwildlife has been a long term passion and project of mine which is now reaching fruition. It is (or strictly speaking, will be) a commercial resource for wildlife and natural history photography and writing.

Over the last 10 years, I've been fortunate enough to travel extensively to all 7 continents, taking photographs and notes, and the site will showcase the results.

Please feel free to browse....



Thursday 11 November 2010

UNEXPECTED ZEBRAS


The pounding hooves of this herd of zebras could be heard from a long distance as we enjoyed the sunset in Namibia.

As they raced past us, we looked for predators. None were visible but the zebra were in a tearing hurry, anyway. What were they running from? I've no idea. Where were they headed? I haven't a clue.

It was a magnificent sight as they thundered past at full throttle. The vibration from the ground travelled up my body, and the clouds of dust played havoc with my nice clean lens fronts. But it was one of those unexpected moments that will stay with me forever.

You get a lot of them in Africa.

No comments:

Post a Comment