WELCOME!


Welcome to the temporary site for timhearnwildlife.com.

I'll be posting a few shots here while working on the main site, which is currently under construction...

Timhearnwildlife has been a long term passion and project of mine which is now reaching fruition. It is (or strictly speaking, will be) a commercial resource for wildlife and natural history photography and writing.

Over the last 10 years, I've been fortunate enough to travel extensively to all 7 continents, taking photographs and notes, and the site will showcase the results.

Please feel free to browse....



Monday 29 November 2010

GULF FRITILLARY


I'm not in a good mood. It's freezing cold, and I've had to cope with a pointless strike on the London Underground today. Which meant that everybody else in London was in a bad mood, too. We all spiralled down together into an ever-deepening pit of moodiness. 

The tube union leader is a gentleman (and I use the term loosely) named Bob Crow. Normally I'd make some light hearted quip at this point about a 'murder' of crows being an appropriate collective noun, but I'm in too bad a mood to even attempt ironic and tasteless humour. 

So, to cheer myself up, here's one of my favourite butterflies- the Gulf Fritillary. It's pretty, isn't it?  I can feel my mood lightening already. 

Actually, no I can't. But it is pretty.

Hmmph.


No comments:

Post a Comment