WELCOME!


Welcome to the temporary site for timhearnwildlife.com.

I'll be posting a few shots here while working on the main site, which is currently under construction...

Timhearnwildlife has been a long term passion and project of mine which is now reaching fruition. It is (or strictly speaking, will be) a commercial resource for wildlife and natural history photography and writing.

Over the last 10 years, I've been fortunate enough to travel extensively to all 7 continents, taking photographs and notes, and the site will showcase the results.

Please feel free to browse....



Friday 22 October 2010

WILDPHOTOS 2010

I've just spent the first of two days at Wildphotos 2010, the UK symposium for wildlife photographers. And what a day. Some of the best photographers in the world (and me) gathered in one room at the Royal Geographical society, swapping laconic anecdotes and exotic itineraries, pronouncing scientific names correctly, comparing scars....well, OK, it wasn't quite like that. But it was pretty darned inspirational.

AND I got to hear one of my favourite photographers speak. David Doubilet is one of the great underwater snappers. Part man, part fish. His influence ranks right up there with Jacques Cousteau. And like Cousteau, he has a magnificent nose, presumably the product of some kind of sub-aqua photographer's evolution, developed to cut smoothly through the water like a shark's fin. But unlike the wooly-hatted master of the Calypso, Doubilet doesn't have ze 'umerous acc-sonte, so he's easier to listen to.

Dave (I think, since we've been in the same room together, he wouldn't mind me calling him Dave) held us mere mortals spellbound for an hour and a half with some of the most beautiful photographs that I've ever seen. By the second shot, I was drooling so much that Dave could have dived in the puddle around my chair. If you haven't come across his work yet, get yourself into the nearest Waterstones and search out a copy of 'Water, Life, Time' or go his website www.daviddoubilet.com. 

Oh, and tell him Tim sent you. He'll know just who you mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment