WELCOME!


Welcome to the temporary site for timhearnwildlife.com.

I'll be posting a few shots here while working on the main site, which is currently under construction...

Timhearnwildlife has been a long term passion and project of mine which is now reaching fruition. It is (or strictly speaking, will be) a commercial resource for wildlife and natural history photography and writing.

Over the last 10 years, I've been fortunate enough to travel extensively to all 7 continents, taking photographs and notes, and the site will showcase the results.

Please feel free to browse....



Thursday 28 October 2010

HOLD THE FORT (FOR WHAT ITS WORTH)


Well, long-suffering-Dilly departed this morning for a 10 day work jaunt to Malawi, checking out luxury lodges and sipping large, icy, freshly-squeezed drinks in beautiful locations. It's a tough life being a travel consultant. (Actually, it is. I know this because I occasionally remember to ask long-suffering-Dilly how her day was).

This leaves me alone in charge of fortress Balham. Which is not a luxury lodge, has a little dubiously-aged  milk that hasn't been put back in the fridge, and being located in Balham, is decidedly not beautiful.

So to make myself feel less hard done-by, I was going through some penguin photographs and found these rather lost looking Adelies, taken on the antarctic peninsular.

The one on the right is a male, and the one on the left is a female. I know this, because only a male would stand on the highest point of somewhere and scout the horizon as if he expects to suddenly know his precise location.

And only a female would stand like that and know that he's wasting his time.

Now, I'm off for a coffee. Without milk.

No comments:

Post a Comment